M. Noorul Quader's career was marked by distinction and dedication. He began his career in the air force and later joined the civil service of Pakistan. He also served as a civil servant in 1961, where his exceptional administrative skills allowed him to move quickly up the ranks. During the 1971 liberation war of Bangladesh, he served as a true patriot and valiant freedom fighter, following which he finally decided to become a visionary and an entrepreneur. He served in various ministries, including the Establishment Division of Cabinet Affairs, Communication, Railways, Shipping, Waterways, and Airways. He was also the founder and chairman of the Bangladesh Parjatan Corporation, the official tourism organisation in Bangladesh.
- Established Desh Group in 1974
- Established Desh Garments Ltd. in 1977
- Signed the joint venture agreement with Daewoo Corporation of South Korea in 1978
- Provided training in technical and marketing for 130 young men and women in the RMG industry at Daewoo Corporation of South Korea
- Pioneered the 100% export-oriented RMG industry in Bangladesh
- Introduced the innovative Back-to-Back Letter of Credit system for financing raw materials
- Convinced the Bangladeshi government to create a special duty-free bonded warehouse system at the factory level